The weather is changing and us Canadians are trading our snow for warmth and flowers! That means it is officially Pet Photography Season!
Chances are you are planning your next pet photography session and you are wondering what location you should use for your session.
I always want my sessions to be a relaxed and fun experience, so please don’t stress. I’ve got you covered!
Here are a few tips on how to pick the best location that will suit you and your furry friend.
There are an abundance of locations right in the city or within a very short drive of the city. No matter where you live, you don’t have to go far to find beauty!
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING THE BEST LOCATION FOR YOUR PET PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION IN OTTAWA OR ANYWHERE REALLY!
1. What do you and your furry friend like to do for fun? How do you all like to spend your time? Do you have a family cottage or a location that means something to you?
Make sure you are choosing a location that will best suit your personality. For example, if you love hiking together, we may want to head out to the mountains.
2. Consider how trained your furry companion is.
If you have a very young pet, an urban location may not be a great choice because you don't want to have to worry about cars and other distractions. Perhaps an open field or park may be the best location for you.
3. Take into account the season your session is scheduled for. For example, there are some gorgeous parks in the fall that really show off the beautiful autumn colors. If it is going to be warm on your session date, going to the beach and letting your pet get wet might be super fun!
4. Let's talk about traffic. We don't want you commuting across town during rush hour. That won't make anyone excited for photos. Therefore, make sure you choose a location that will be easy to access at your scheduled session time.
HERE ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF LOCATIONS TO CONSIDER FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION.
1. Urban. Big city to small towns, urban locations offer many areas that show off historical architecture as well as some great textures.
2. Beach. We have an abundance of beaches from Ottawa to the St-Lawrence River! We are lucky to be surrounded by so much water. What is fantastic about our beach locations is that they are usually surrounded by trees and water, so you get a ton of diversity at these locations.
3. Forest. We are surrounded by beautiful forests within the city limits which is so incredible. If you love to spend time walking the trails in the woods, the forest may be the best location for your session!
4. Park. Ottawa is chocked full of beautiful parks! Parks can be especially gorgeous in the fall when the leaves are changing. This makes a lovely backdrop for your photos.
5. Mountains. This option is weather dependent of course. However, if you are willing to drive about an hour out of the city, the backdrop is very rewarding. You can make an adventure out of it.
6. Open field. From the golden wheat fields to the green corn fields, they all make gorgeous backdrops. I know of a few remote fields that are only a 30 minute drive away.
Hopefully, this gives you some great ideas about where to have your next pet photography session. You have invested your time and your money into this experience, so taking the time to really consider the location is a good idea.